Major: Agricultural Economics and Agricultural Business
Areas of Concentration
Students majoring in Agricultural Economics and Agricultural Business may select one of the following Areas of Concentration. Please print out the form below if you wish to pursue one of these areas as the course requirements are listed for each one.
- Farm Business Management
- Ranch Business Management
- Marketing and Sales
- Business Management
- Computer Applications and Data Management
- Agricultural Communications
- Natural Resources Management
- Agricultural Chemical Sales
- Agricultural Records and Financial Controls
- International Agricultural Business
- International Development
- Environmental Economics
- Quantitative Skills/Theory (MS-Prep)
Two minors are available to students pursuing a Major in Agricultural Economics and Agricultural Business:
- Minor in Agricultural Business Management (ABM)
- Minor in Natural Resource Economics (NRE)
General and Departmental Requirements for Major
Check out the General and Departmental Requirements for a Major in Agricultural Economics and Agricultural Business from the NMSU Undergraduate Catalog 2013-2014.
Interested in Graduate School?
- If your undergraduate degree may be followed with an interest in pursuing graduate studies at NMSU, particularly in our programs (MS-AEEC, MAG-AGRIBUS, MBA-AGRIBUS), please take time to consult with your advisor on pre-requisites and grade requirements to better prepare for your initial acceptance into a graduate program. Most of the core requirements for the MBA-AGRIBUS degree require pre-requisites the must be completed with a B or better before enrolling in their courses. Additionally, in consultation with your undergraduate advisor, you can prepare and take additional courses that are not necessarily part of your undergraduate degree but will be required for entry into a graduate program (i.e., ECON 371, ECON 372, etc.) that may also require grades of B or better. This will help you to avoid having to make up deficiencies during your first or second semester and can begin your graduate program with ease.
More information on our graduate programs can be found on our department's graduate program website AEAB Graduate Programs.
Requirements for Minors
Advising Sheets by Academic Year
AEAB Advising Sheets by academic year are listed below. Click on the link to view the document in a printable pdf format.
Please be advised that any item listed in these advising sheets is subject to modification at any time. Any updates will replace the current links.