Title: Assistant Professor of Animal Science
Major Field of Interest: Companion Animals and Human-Animal Interactions (HAI)
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office phone: 575-646-3402
- B.S., Animal Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 1989
- M.S., Animal Reproduction, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 1992
- Ph.D., Physiology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, 1996
- Animal Science 112 Companion Animals in Society
- Animal Science 251 Companion Animals and the Human-Animal Bond
- Animal Science 285 Companion Animal Management
- Evaluating if breed characteristics and stereotypes influence peoples choice of dog as a companion animal.
- Other interests include the physiological effects of the human-companion animal bond.
- Physiological and psychological benefits of Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT) and Animal Assisted Activities (AAA)
- Member of International Society of Anthrozoology (ISAZ)