How to be an active Member (whether or not you can attend meetings)
Going to the bi weekly meetings is great, but how do we know you're not just there for the free food? Here are some ideas to help you become an active member.
1) Make every meeting that you can.
2) At the meetings, speak up. Give your opinions and ideas. If you're shy, speak to a club officer after the meeting. We promise we won't bite!
3) Participate in club activities. This is a great way to get to know members and be a part of the HNFSA community. Check out our Volunteer Opportunities section to find out about upcoming events.
4) Support HNFSA by participating or heading committees. Don't be afraid to recruit your friends for help!
5) Share your experiences, especially the good ones. One way to do this is by writing for our newsletter. You can introduce yourself to the club, talk about why you are interested in good nutrition, give helpful tips, share recipes and more. To discuss an idea or submit an article check our contacts page and submit an email to our current president or public relations officer.
6) Give feedback. You can talk to or e-mail any officer if you are shy or can't make the meetings.
7) Smile--you know you want to!
We realize that it is hard to make it to all the meetings so these suggestions should help, and your ideas and feedback are always appreciated. Feel free to send an email to email@example.com to tell us about your ideas.
This group is open to all persons interested in promoting nutrition and food science. Membership fees are $10.00 per semester. Membership dues can be paid with cash, check or money order made payable to "Student Dietetic Association."
The membership dues can be given to the treasurer, or can be left in an envelope in our mailbox at the Department of Campus Activities in Corbett Center, Room 235. If you are leaving your dues at the Activities Center, please make sure it is in the form of a check or money order. A note should also be included in the envelope with your name and contact information including your email address so that you will be added to our email list. If an individual does not pay the fee, they will not be considered a member, and will lose all privilege associated with membership.
For general questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org For questions regarding membership dues please send an email to email@example.com
For general questions, please send an email to:
For questions regarding membership dues please send an email to:
HNFSA Open Officer Positions
HNFSA Needs YOU!
Positions that are still available:
* ACES Liason
* AND Liason
Please see By-Laws for more information.
Please contact Albert Realy or Cara Goar if you are would like to step up to the plate!