How to be an active Member
Going to the bi weekly meetings is great, but how do we know you're not just there for the free food? Here are some ideas to help you become an active member.
1) Attend five (5) of the seven (7) meetings.
2) At the meetings, speak up. Give your opinions and ideas. If you're shy, speak to a club officer after the meeting. We promise we won't bite!
3) Participate in club activities (at least 50%). This is a great way to get to know members and be a part of the SAND community. Check out our Volunteer Opportunities section to find out about upcoming events.
4) Support SAND by participating or heading committees. Don't be afraid to recruit your friends for help!
5) Share your experiences, especially the good ones. One way to do this is by writing for our newsletter. You can introduce yourself to the club, talk about why you are interested in good nutrition, give helpful tips, share recipes and more. To discuss an idea or submit an article check our contacts page and submit an email to our current president or public relations officer.
6) Give feedback. You can talk to or e-mail any officer if you are shy or can't make the meetings.
7) Smile--you know you want to!
We realize that it is hard to make it to all the meetings so these suggestions should help, and your ideas and feedback are always appreciated. Feel free to send an email to any of the officers to tell us about your ideas.
This group is open to all persons interested in promoting nutrition and food science. Membership fees are $10.00 per semester. Membership dues can be paid with cash, check, credit/debit card (via square) or money order made payable to "Student Association of Nutrition and Dietetics."
The membership dues can be given to the treasurer, or can be left in an envelope in our mailbox at the Family and Consumer Sciences Office in Gerald Thomas Hall, Room 308. If you are leaving your dues at the FCS Office, please make sure it is in the form of a check or money order. A note should also be included in the envelope with your name and contact information including your email address so that you will be added to our email list. If an individual does not pay the fee, they will not be considered a member, and will lose all privilege associated with membership.
For general questions, please send an email to:
SAND Open Officer Positions
What is a team?
A team is a group of individuals linked together for a common purpose! We want all of our members to experience what it's like to be part of an amazing, active team. But we can't do that without YOU!
SAND not only provides you with education, fun, and friendships, we help you learn skills that you carry on to the next chapter in your life! Employers seek leaders and individuals who do well in teams! SAND offers both!
If you're interested in taking that next step and learning valuable leadership skills, contact Shannon Farkas or Erin Fejes to learn more.
Please see By-Laws for information on this position and all other SAND officer responsibilities.