General Family and Consumer Sciences
Online M.S. in Family and Consumer Sciences
NEW ONLINE PROGRAM!
Starting January 2015, NMSU will offer an online Family & Consumer Sciences Masters Program with an emphasis in General Family and Consumer Sciences.
Please note: All students must obtain credits from two or more of the departmental disciplines. Departmental disciplines include:
- Clothing, Textiles and Fashion Merchandising
- Family and Child Science
- Family and Consumer Sciences Education
- Human Nutrition and Dietetic Sciences
- Food Science and Technology
- General Family and Consumer Sciences
- Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management
Thesis Plan Requires:
- Minimum of 30 credits (including 4-6 credits of thesis).
- One-half of the credits must be from the 500 level.
- One-half of credits taken must be from the Department of Family and Consumer Sciences.
- Oral exam on completion of the above requirements.
Nonthesis Plan Requires:
- Minimum of 32 credits of course work.
- One-half of the credits must be from above the 500 level.
- One-half of the credits must come from the Department of Family and Consumer Sciences.
- Oral AND written examination upon completion of the above requirements.
- A minor may be taken in a variety of supporting fields that fit the particular interests of the candidate.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. M Ann Bock
Department of Family and Consumer Sciences
Box 30003, MSC 3470
Las Cruces, NM 88003-8003
To apply to the program, please click on the link below. This link will take you to the webpage called "NMSU Prospective Students, Graduate Students."
If you have questions about how to navigate this page or about the application process through the "Apply Yourself" website, you may contact Dr. Bock (contact information above).