FCSC Degree Requirements
Thesis Plan Requires:
- Minimum of 30 credits (including 4-6 credits of thesis).
- One-half of the credits must be from the 500 level.
- One-half of credits taken must be from the Department of Family and Consumer Sciences.
- Oral exam on completion of the above requirements.
Non Thesis Plan Requires:
- Minimum of 32 credits of course work.
- One-half of the credits must be from above the 500 level.
- One-half of the credits must come from the Department of Family and Consumer Sciences.
- Oral AND written examination upon completion of the above requirements.
A minor may be taken in a variety of supporting fields that fit the particular interests of the candidate.
The admissions criteria for the Department of Family and Consumer Sciences (FCSC) Graduate Program include:
- Graduate school application (http://prospective.nmsu.edu/graduate/apply/) - Forwarded to Department from Graduate School
- Official transcripts - Forwarded to Department from Graduate School
- Letter of application
- Three letters of reference
- Psychometric test results (e.g., GRE (only one accepted for Marriage and Family Therapy program; Dietetic Internship and Family and Consumer Sciences Education); Miller's Analogy; ADA Exam)
- Summer Session I, II, and Fall -- March 1
Marriage & Family Therapy (MFT) Program -- February 1st
Dietetic Internship -- February 15
- Summer Session II and Fall -- June 1
- Spring -- November 1
AOD MinorInterdisciplinary minor in Alcohol and Other Drugs
W311A Gerald Thomas Hall