- Ph.D., Rangeland Resources, New Mexico State University-Las Cruces, 2006.
- M.S., Biology, Texas Christian University-Fort Worth, 1992.
- B.S., Biology, New Mexico State University-Las Cruces, 1990.
- 2009-Present: College Associate Professor, Department of Fish, Wildlife, and Conservation Ecology, New Mexico State University- Las Cruces.
- 2007-Present: Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Fish, Wildlife, and Conservation Ecology, Department of Animal and Range Sciences, New Mexico State University- Las Cruces.
- 1998-2009: Research Specialist II, Department of Fish, Wildlife, and Conservation Ecology, New Mexico State University-Las Cruces.
- 1997-1998: Research Associate, Center for Ecological Management of Military Lands, Colorado State University, Fort Bliss TX.
- 1994-1997: Wildlife Research Specialist, New Mexico Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit, Department of Fishery and Wildlife Sciences, New Mexico State University-Las Cruces.
Conservation, Habitat Modeling, Riparian Ecosystems, Fire Ecology, Herpetology, Amphibian Declines
Selected Recent Publications:
For additional list of publications and research interests, visit website at: http://fws-case-12.nmsu.edu/kboykin/
- Boykin, K.G., and K.C. McDaniel. 2008. Simulated potential effects of ecological factors on a hypothetical population of Chiricahua leopard frog (Rana chiricahuensis). Ecological Modelling 218:175-181.
- Boykin, K.G., C. Drost, and J. J. Wynne. 2007. A gap analysis of terrestrial vertebrate species on the Colorado Plateau: Assessment from the Southwest Regional Gap Analysis Project. In van Riper, Charles, III and Mark K. Sogge (Eds). The Colorado Plateau III: Integrating Research and Resources Management for Effective Conservation. University of Arizona Press, Tucson. Pp 77-107.
- Lowry, J.R. Ramsey, K. Thomas, D. Schrupp, T. Sajwaj, J. Kirby, E. Waller, S. Schrader, s. Falzarano, L. Langs, G. Manis, C. Wallace, K. Schulz, P. Comer, K. Pohs, W. Rieth, C. Velasquez, B. Wolk, W. Kepner, K. Boykin, L. O'Brien, D. Bradford, B. Thompson, J. Prior-Magee. 2007. Mapping moderate-scale land-cover over very large geographic areas within a collaborative framework: A Case study of the Southwest Regional Gap Analysis Project (SWReGAP). Remote Sensing and the Environment 108:59-73.
- Andersen, M.C., B.C. Thompson and K.G. Boykin. 2004. Spatial risk assessment across large landscapes with varied land use: Lessons from a conservation assessment of military lands. Risk Analysis: An International Journal 24(5):1231-1242.
- Rivieccio, M., B.C. Thompson, W.R. Gould and K.G. Boykin. 2003. Habitat features and predictive habitat modeling for the Colorado Chipmunk in southern New Mexico. Western North American Naturalist 63:479-488.
- Hamazaki, T., B. C. Thompson, B. A. Locke and K. G. Boykin. 2003. Analysis of Ecological Context for Identifying Vegetation and Animal Conservation Planning Foci: An Example from the Arid Southwestern United States. Journal of Environmental Planning and Management 46(2):239-256.
- Kroll, A. J., K. G. Boykin, B. C. Thompson and D. Daniel. 2003. Habitat characteristics and conservation of the genus Ashmunella (gastropoda: pulmonata: polygyridae) of White Sands Missile Range (NM and TX) and Fort Bliss (TX). Southwestern Naturalist 48:14-22.
- Thompson, B. C., P. L. Matusik-Rowan and K. G. Boykin. 2002. Prioritizing conservation potential of arid-land montane natural springs and associated riparian areas. Journal of Arid Environments 50:527-547.
- Bak, J. M., K. G. Boykin, B. C. Thompson and D. Daniel. 2001. Distribution of wintering ferruginous hawks (Buteo regalis) in relation to black-tailed prairie dog (Cynomys ludovicianus) colonies in southern New Mexico and northern Chihuahua. Journal of Raptor Research 35(2):124-129.