- Ph.D., Soil Science, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY, 2013.
- M.Sc. Soil Science, Tribhuvan University, Nepal, 2006.
- B.Sc. Agriculture (Soil Science), Tribhuvan University, Nepal, 2004.
My research focuses on soil and crop management practices that improve efficiency, profitability, and soil environmental quality. I am interested in soil organic carbon and nutrient cycling, soil carbon sequestration, soil-plant relations, and greenhouse gas (CO2, CH4, and N2O) emissions, soil organic matter - microbial community interactions, and their relationships with nutrient cycling and other ecosystem services. I enjoyed working on integrated cropping systems research that emphasizes soil conservation and improve crop yields.
- Assistant Professor-cropping systems (Oct. 2015 - date) New Mexico State University, Agricultural Science Center, Clovis, New Mexico.
- Postdoctoral Scholar (Jan. 2014 - Sept. 2015) Oregon State University, Columbia Basin Agricultural Research Center, Pendleton, Oregon.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate (June 2013 - Dec. 2013) University of Wyoming, Department of Ecosystem Science and Management, Laramie, WY.
- Graduate Assistant (Aug. 2009 - May 2013) University of Wyoming, Department of Ecosystem Science and Management, Laramie, WY.
- Visiting Scientist (May - July 2008) Wageningen University and Research Centre/ Louis Bolk Institute, the Netherlands.
- Lecturer of Soil Science (June 2006 - July 2009) Tribhuvan University, Institute of Agriculture and Animal Sciences, Nepal
- Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant (2004 - 2006)
USAID Soil Management - Collaborative Research Support Program, Tribhuvan University, Institute of Agriculture and Animal Sciences, Nepal
Ghimire, R., S. Machado, and P. Bista. 2018. Decline in soil organic carbon and nitrogen limits yield in wheat-fallow systems. Plant and Soil. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11104-017-3470-z.
*Ghimire, B. R. Ghimire, D. VanLeeuwen and A.O. Mesbah. 2017. Cover crop residue inputs and quality effects on soil organic matter mineralization. Sustainability 2017, 9, 2316. http://www.mdpi.com/2071-1050/9/12/2316.
Bista, P., U. Norton, R. Ghimire, and J.B. Norton. 2017. Greenhouse gas fluxes, soil mineral N and global warming potential in semi-arid winter wheat (Triticum aestivum L.)-fallow during drought. Journal of Arid Environment. 147: 103-113. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaridenv.2017.09.002
Sainju, U.M., B.L. Allen, A.W. Lenssen, and R. Ghimire. 2017. Root biomass, root/shoot ratio, and soil water content under perennial grasses with different nitrogen rates. Field Crops Research. 210: 183-191. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fcr.2017.05.029.
Ghimire R., S. Machado, and P. Bista. 2017. Soil pH, soil organic carbon, nitrogen and crop yield in wheat-fallow systems. Agronomy Journal. Doi:10.2134/agronj2016.08.0462.
Ghimire R., U. Norton, P. Bista, A. Obour, and J.B. Norton. 2017. Soil organic matter, greenhouse gases and net global warming potential of irrigated cropping systems. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems. 107:49-62. DOI: 10.1007/s10705-016-9811-0.
Ghimire, R., S. Lamichhane, B.S. Acharya, P. Bista, and U.M. Sainju. 2017. Tillage, crop residue, and nutrient management effects on soil organic carbon in rice-based cropping systems. Journal of Integrative Agriculture. 16:1-15. Doi: 10.1016/S2095-3119(16)61337-0
Ghimire R., U. Norton, P. Bista, A. Obour, and J.B. Norton. Soil organic matter, greenhouse gases, and net global warming potential of irrigated cropping systems. Manuscript in review.
Bista, P., S. Machado, S. R. Ghimire, S.J. Del-Grosso, and M. Reyes-Fox. 2016. Simulating soil organic carbon in a wheat fallow system using the DAYCENT model. Agronomy Journal. In Press (August 2016).