Being located at the Sustainable Agriculture Science Center at Alcalde, my research covers vegetable, fruit and forage crops and cropping systems of importance to north central New Mexico. In general, research is aimed at developing economically-and- ecologically-sustainable crop production systems. As superintendent at the Center, I am administratively responsible for its facilities, equipment, and research projects. I am currently serving as the research leader for the Rural Agricultural Improvement and Public Affairs Project being administered out of the Center.
Office location: Sustainable Agriculture Science Center at Alcalde
Email Address: email@example.com
Office Phone: (505) 852-4241
Office Fax: (505) 852-2857
- Ph.D.: Agronomy, University of Minnesota.
- M.S.: Agronomy, University of Minnesota.
- B.S.: Geography, Mankato State University.
- Professor, 2003-present Dept. of Plant & Env. Sciences (former Agronomy & Horticulture until Dec. 2005), Associate Professor, 1998-2003, Assistant Professor, 1992-1998, Department of Agronomy and Horticulture, and Superintendent, 1992-present, Alcalde Sustainable Agriculture Science Center, New Mexico State University. Responsible for research on development of sustainable cropping and crop-livestock systems in north-central New Mexico. Crop research includes various horticultural and agronomic crops.
- Agronomist, Michael Fields Agricultural Institute, East Troy, Wisconsin. Cooperative project with, and located at, North Dakota State University's Carrington Research Extension Center, Carrington, North Dakota, 1988-1992. Headed project investigating, both on-farm and on-station, the potential for greater use of legumes in crop and crop-livestock systems in the Northern Great Plains.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, Maize Training Program, El Batan, Mexico, 1986-1988. Maize Training Program. Instructed in field and classroom several groups of maize trainees in on-farm and experiment station research procedures.
- Research Assistant, University of Minnesota, St. Paul, MN, 1982-1986. Soybean Physiology Research Project.
- Farmhand, Sleepy Eye, MN, childhood-1982