Jose Fernandez Financial Support
2012 Jose Fernandez Financial Support
Model United Nations (Platinum Supporter) 2012
The Jose Fernandez Chair supported 1 table at the NMSU Model United Nations Program annual banquet which included seating for 10 guests from the Jose Fernandez Chair Internship program, the Aggies Go Global program, and the Peace Corps Paul D. Coverdell Fellows program.
The Jose Fernandez Chair contributed to general program support for Model United Nations and the annual conference at the United Nations Headquarters in New York City. Awardees for the 2012 competition were:
- Thomas Burnham and Haley Grant received an Outstanding Position Paper Award in the Organization of the Islamic Conference and Zackary Quintero received an Outstanding Position Paper Award in the Economic and Social Commission of Western Asia.
- Randy Taylor and Collin King received the Outstanding Delegates Award in the Security Council and Zackary Quintero received an Outstanding Delegate Award in the Economic and Social Commission of Western Asia.
- Lydia Hammond was selected to serve as the Chair of the African Union and Derrick Vinson was selected to serve as the Rapporteur of the Peace Building Commission.
Audio-Visual and Computer Equipment Support
- The Jose Fernandez Chair purchased AV equipment for the ASC - Farmington conference room including 55 inch LED TV, external speakers, and wall mount. Equipment to be used in lieu of the dated projector and screen previously used for presentations and internet webinars.
- Purchased computer for Research Specialist to be used for official duties including content management of Jose Fernandez website and other ASC Farmington based websites.