Mission, Goals, and Services
Promote and support the economic and community development of New Mexico's diverse communities.
Provide NMSU-CES county extension agents and local community leaders with research-based knowledge and information, education programs,and professional development training to grow and empower communities, develop entrepreneurs, build and promote leaders, and enhance human and social capital.
- Provide professional development training in community economic development "best practices;"
- Provide professional development training and technical assistance to meet specific community economic development goals;
- Help develop a local community economic development team;
- Conduct community economic development assessments;
- Develop and implement community economic development strategic plans;
- Develop an understanding of a community's economic development opportunities and challenges through
- Economic base analysis,
- Economic and fiscal impact analyses,
- Demographic analysis,
- Business and industry analysis,
- Workforce and manpower training analysis, and
- Human and social capital development;
- Facilitate local community access to public (federal and state), private (investors and foundations), and non-profit organization programs and resources.
Tools for Economic Development OpportunitiesClick on this link to see a list of tools for understanding your community's economic development opportunities.