HACCP plans and resources for meat products
Meat and poultry industry
- Guidebook for the Preparation of HACCP Plans and Generic HACCP Models
- FSIS Fact sheets: contains information on recall plan to safe food handling.
- A list of
accredited laboratories is available from this Web page. It is updated monthly.
ALP accredits nonfederal analytical chemistry laboratories to analyze meat and poultry food products for moisture, protein, fat, and salt (MPFS) content and/or certain classes of chemical residues. Currently the specific chemical residues are chlorinated hydrocarbons (CHC), polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB), sulfonamides, nitrosamines, and arsenic.
- Iowa State University Meat Laboratory HACCP demonstration plans (PDF).
- Rosenthal Meat Science and Technology Center HACCP Plans (PDF).
Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- HACCP system guide from University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin Contains interactive forms that can be downloaded.
Federal Grant of Inspection GuidePlease refer to this web site for information on inspection of meat products.