NMSU STRENGTHENING FAMILIES INITIATIVE
Promoting healthier families and communities in New Mexico by strengthening parent-child and couple relationships, building self-sufficiency, and encouraging healthy behaviors
To improve the lives of New Mexico's children, Strengthening Families Initiative provides three evidence-based intensive parenting and family education programs. Each class meets once a week for 2.5 hours for 12 weeks. The programs also provide a concurrent children's program and offer class series, materials, and evaluation in English and Spanish.
The target audience is low income, at-risk families. We serve the following groups:
- Married parents.
- Single parents.
- Divorced parents.
- Grandparents raising grandchildren.
- Abusive and neglectful parents.
- Families involved with the criminal justice system.
- Families dealing with substance abuse.
- Engaged couples.
- Couples and individuals interested in marriage.
- Cohabitating parents.