Outstanding 4-H Agent Award
New Mexico 4-H Youth Development Program
The Outstanding 4-H Agent Award is designed to reward Extension Agents for their exceptional efforts in communicating with 4-H clubs and groups, conducting county events, engaging volunteer leaders and providing educational opportunities for youth over their career. To be eligible for nomination an agent must have served at least 3 years in a professional position with 4-H responsibilities.
A plaque will be awarded to the Outstanding Agent each year to display proudly in their County Extension Office. Award winners will be selected by the 4-H award committee and recognized at the Spring College Awards Ceremony.
To submit a nomination, use the headings below and provide the information requested under each. Attach this form to front of the nomination and check off each item to be sure it is included.
Nomination must be typed with 12 point font, single spaced.
- Agent's Name and Title
- Years of Service
- Agent's Address, City, State, Zip Code, County
- Nominator's Name
- Nominator's Address, City, State, Zip Code
- Nominator's Phone Number
- Nominator's Email Address
Making the Best Better!
- Description of the Agent's responsibilities, activities and involvement in the County 4-H Youth Development Program, including club, school enrichment and special interest delivery modes.
- Highlights from the programs and activities conducted by the Agent that go above and beyond the expectations of the county.
- District, State, Regional and / or National 4-H Activities
- Professional Associations
- Community Service Outside of 4-H
- In your own words, explain why this agent has earned the title of "Outstanding 4-H Agent"
- 3 letters of recommendations from individuals other than the nominator:
- One letter from the Agent's District Director (if District Director is the nominator, three additional from list below)
- Two letters from a youth, adult leader, supervisor, peer, etc.
- TOTAL of 3 letters of recommendation are required in addition to the nomination.
State 4-H Staff are not eligible to nominate individuals or write letters of recommendation.
Send Nominations to the New Mexico State 4-H Office, MSC 3AE, P.O. Box 30003, Las Cruces, NM 88003-8003 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Document below contains criteria and nominations guidelines listed above.
- 2017 Leah Paltero
- 2016 Jack Blanford