Outstanding Student Awards
Description: This award is given to an outstanding student in each academic unit. These students should have made significant contributions to their department, the college, university and community. These contributions can be in the form of community service/outreach, church activities, leadership involvement and accomplishments above and beyond their student peers.
- Student must be a graduating senior in the semester they are being nominated;
- All students who have petitioned to walk will be considered for spring awards;
- Have at least a 3.2+ grade point average;
- Never have been on disciplinary probation or suspension;
- Active participation in department, college, university, and community activities.
Nomination Deadlines: March 30 for spring awards - October 30 for fall awards.
Nominations: Any departmental faculty and staff may nominate the candidates for the award using the attached for submitted through the appropriate academic department head. Completed forms will be forwarded to the Academic Programs Office.
Mail nomination forms to:
Assistant Director of Student Services
College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences
P.O. Box 30003, MSC 3AG
New Mexico State University
Las Cruces, NM 88003
Gerald Thomas Hall
Nomination forms attached to emails my be sent to The Office of Academic Programs.