Dean's Award of Leadership Excellence
Description: The purpose of this award is to recognize students for outstanding leadership contributions to the College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences. These contributions could include (but are not limited to): active senior leadership positions in student organizations, lobbying or otherwise creating support for issues important to ACES, or leadership activities within the Las Cruces or NM community. The students who receive this award have had a positive influence on both their peers and the College.
Maximum number of awards per year
- 1 undergraduate award
- 1 graduate award
- Must be a graduating senior in the semester in which they are being nominated;
- All students who have petitioned to walk will be considered for spring awards;
- GPA: 2.75+ undergraduate, 3.2+ graduate;
- ACES student;
- Nominated by faculty and staff within the College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences, with typed form signed by the appropriate academic department head;
- The nominee must submit a typed one-page, 12-point font, double-spaced personal statement with one-inch margins, discussing his/her leadership philosophy and how this philosophy has been applied within the College.
Nomination Deadlines: March 30 for spring awards - October 30 for fall awards
Any departmental faculty and staff may nominate candidates for the award using the form below submitted through the appropriate academic department head.
Mail nomination forms to:
Assistant Director of Student Services
College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences
P.O. Box 30003, MSC 3AG
New Mexico State University
Las Cruces, NM 88003
Gerald Thomas Hall
Nomination forms attached to emails may be sent to The Office of Academic Programs.