A team of three or more NMSU faculty or staff (including professional, classified, and administrative staff), with a majority of members from the College of Agricultural Consumer and Environmental Sciences, engaged in interdisciplinary activities in one or more of the functional areas of teaching, Experiment Station research, and Extension Station research. Teams with international activities in any of the functional areas also may be considered for nomination.
Eligibility: A team is a group of people working together to achieve a common goal. This can include lab, office or committee efforts. The team programs should be functioning actively during the year of nomination for the award. While it is recognized that multi-disciplinary collaboration can occur within a single department, Extension district, or other administrative unit, nominations involving interdepartmental collaboration are strongly encouraged.
The award can recognize short-term, high-impact programs, as well as longer-term team contributions. Nominations must illustrate how the contributions of the team support the mission of the College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences. These contributions can be in generating new knowledge, disseminating existing knowledge, or developing instructional programs or activities. Nominations should identify and justify the interdisciplinary nature of the activities proposed for recognition, as well as clearly state how the interdisciplinary nature of the team affected the contribution(s).
A brief professional resume of each team member should be included in the nomination packet.
Recipients will receive:
Mail nomination packets to:
Awards Committee c/o
Dean, College of Agriculture, Consumer and Environmental Sciences
P.O. Box 30003, MSC 3AG
New Mexico State University
Las Cruces, NM 88003
Gerald Thomas Hall
Typed nomination letters may be sent to The Dean's Office.
- Skeen Hall Transition Team
- Range Improvement Task Force
- Rio Grande Basin Initiative
- Jill Schroeder, Stephen H. Thomas, Leigh W. Murray and Ian Ray (EPPWS)
- Ideas for Cooking & Nutrition Program (ICAN)
- Southwest Border Food Safety & Defense Center (Billy Dictson, Jeff Witte, Bobby Ann Dictson, John Wenzel and Flint Taylor)
- Fit Families
- NM Natural Resources Consortium
- NM 4-H Home Economics School (Mindy Turner, Shelly Porter, Connie Moyers, Teresa Dean, Ann-Marie Wilson, Marsha Palmer, Shannon Franklin, Jacqueline Baca, Corina Neish, Laura Bittner, Nicole Lujan, Desaree Jiminez, Shannon Wooton, Frank Hodnett)
- Rural Agricultural Improvement and Public Affairs Project (RAIPAP)
- Military Kids Camp (John Allen, Teresa Dean, Tom Dean, Kelly Fitterer, Elia Galindo, Amanda Good, Cindy Grooms, Kim Hand, Frank Hodnett, Eva Madrid, Karim Martinez, Rick Richardson, Mindy Turner)*
- RiverXchange Commercial Uses of Water: "Agriculture" (Cassidy Cordova, John Garlisch, Nichole Lujan, Steve Lucero, Elliott Sachse, Patrick Torres, Christina Turner, Michelle Watson, Amelia White)*
*Indicates current recipient