Strategic Planning Committee Guidelines and Recommendations
- The needs of our students and the people we serve are paramount. We should strive to
maintain diversity in our students, faculty/staff, and clientele.
- There should be open and sufficient communication regarding decisions.
- Allow departments and county offices to have input to decisions affecting them.
- Operations and Maintenance (O&M) budgets should not be converted to faculty/staff
- Classified staff should be largely untouched, not converted to faculty/staff salaries.
- Make realignments instead of cuts, whenever possible.
- Do not combine Cooperative Extension Service and Academic departments.
- Do not penalize departments regarding tenure decisions.
- Do not close county Extension offices.
- Do not overburden remaining faculty/staff without giving adequate resources and
- Try not to cut graduate assistantships.