May 1, 2015
- NMSU's Rodeo Team again received high marks this Saturday during the rodeo contests on the NMSU Campus. NMSU Men's Team came in First and the NMSU Women's Team came in Second. Nicole Sweazea came in first for the Women's AA. Way to go Aggies!
Family and Consumer Sciences/Extension Family and Consumer Sciences:
- Eloise Mena, graduate student and dietetic intern, prepared an Earth Day theme meal as part of her hospital foodservice supervised practice rotation at Providence Hospital in El Paso. Stuart Adams, another dietetic intern in the photo on the left, helped make nutritious smoothies. Pictured in the photo on the right are Debi Hicks, RD, Eloisa's preceptor at Providence Hospital and undergraduate dietetics alumnae, and Dr. Wanda Eastman, director of the Dietetic Internship program at NMSU.
- Dr. Esther Devall, department head and state advisor for the Extension Association of New Mexico (EANM), attended district meetings in Silver City on April 21 and in Capitan on April 24. EANM works with county faculty to help extend adult education in family and consumer sciences throughout New Mexico.
- Dr. Devon Golem, assistant professor in human nutrition and dietetic sciences, received the Student Association Advisor of the Year award on April 26 in Las Cruces. Dr. Golem was nominated by members of the Student Association of Nutrition and Dietetics at NMSU.
- Dr. Stu Munson-McGee and Dr. Efren Delgado hosted 30 culinary arts students and their teacher from Deming High School on April 29. Following a demonstration of techniques used to make food products, students enjoyed samples of gelato from Crimson Creations and learned more about the food science and technology major at NMSU.
- Dr. Roselyn Smitley and students in clothing, textiles, and fashion merchandising held a fashion show at Barnes and Nobles on April 29. The show featured the works of 6 senior student designers and 3 alumni designers. The Round Up featured a front-page article about the fashion show and the student designers in their April 21 issue.
- Dr. Devon Golem, assistant professor in human nutrition and dietetic sciences, received the Outstanding Dietetic Educator of the Year award from the New Mexico Association of Nutrition and Dietetics on April 24 in Albuquerque (see attached photo). Dr. Golem was nominated by nutrition faculty and students in the department.