Creative Digital Presentations
Goals for the day
- Create a digital presentation
- Review goals for self-determined project
- Think of ways to accomplish goals for project
Leader Demonstration on Presentations
Leader gave a short demonstration with discussion of group on why we use presentation aids, and how visual images can convey data. It included some overall suggestions, including a process to create a presentation:
- How does it work? Gather everything you need to help you tell your story.
- Use a presentation tool to build slides.
- Share your slides.
Goals for Self-Determined Project Discussion
4-Hers were asked to think about what their goals for the computer project were. The younger 4-Hers, particularly, struggle with thinking of year-long goals and ways to accomplish them. It was very helpful to have older 4-Hers in the meeting who could give good examples.
Leader Demonstration on Creating Presentations with Keynote
4-Hers were asked to create a 3-5 slide deck in Keynote, including:
- a title slide
- at least one with a goal
- at least one with ways to accomplish goal
Each 4-Her shared his or her presentation with the group. This was particularly helpful for each person to see what goals for the project could look like.
Digital Presentation Apps and Tools