Creative Digital Presentations
Goals for the Day
- Create a digital presentation
- Review goals for self-determined project
- Think of ways to accomplish goals for project
Leader Demonstration on Presentations
Leader gave a short demonstration with discussion of group on why we use presentation aids, and how visual images can convey data. It included some overall suggestions, including a process to create a presentation:
- How does it work? Gather everything you need to help you tell your story.
- Use a presentation tool to build slides.
- Share your slides.
Goals for Self-Determined Project Discussion
4-H'ers were asked to think about what their goals for the computer project were. The younger 4-H'ers, particularly, struggle with thinking of year-long goals and ways to accomplish them. It was very helpful to have older 4-H'ers in the meeting who could give good examples.
Leader Demonstration on Creating Presentations with Keynote
4-H'ers were asked to create a 3-5 slide deck in Keynote, including:
- a title slide
- at least one with a goal
- at least one with ways to accomplish goal
Each 4-H'er shared his or her presentation with the group. This was particularly helpful for each person to see what goals for the project could look like.