Here's What We're Offering
NM Public Purchasing Classes
Public Sector Chief Procurement Officers (CPOs) have a July 1, 2015, deadline to become CPO certified through the State Purchasing Department (SPD).
Only the CPO has this deadline, all other purchasing personnel do not need to meet the July 1 deadline and may complete their optional training at any time.
SPD has recognized successful completion of either NM EDGE public purchasing programs as reciprocal to the Chemeketa training offered on-line. Our classes are 3 hours, delivered face-to-face, and require a passing grade of 6 or better out of 10 on the post test for the class. Our public purchasing programs are:
NM EDGE full certification as a NM Public Purchasing Professional, which requires completion of 25 classes, plus mini portfolio.
- This full curriculum provides extensive information about NM Procurement and interaction with seasoned professionals
- Your Certification Certificate = Chief Procurement Officer
NM EDGE Public Purchasing Foundation Classes & Culminating Test, which requires six classes & test.
- This mini-curriculum provides the basics of New Mexico procurement and interaction with seasoned professional
- Your test score (minimum 70% correct) determines if you receive a certificate of test completion. Certificate of test completion = Chief Procurement Officer
- Successful completion of these 6 classes apply towards the full certification should you decide to continue
Honing Your NM EDGE March 2015
Classes will be offered March 23-27 in Albuquerque, NM, at the NMSU Albuquerque Center, located at 4501 Indian School Road, NE.
On-line open enrollment has closed. However, if you are interested in taking classes, contact us at NMEDGE@nmsu.edu. On-Site enrollment is accepted, but please call us at (575) 646-5424 or email us at NMEDGE@nmsu.edu to ensure that there is space in the class you wish to take.
Want More Classes?
If you are interested in having classes offered in your area, please contact the NM EDGE Program Director, Mary DeLorenzo, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (505) 660 7816