Here's What We're Offering
Honing Your NM EDGE September 2015
Classes will be offered September 14-18, 2015, in Albuquerque, NM, at the NMSU Albuquerque Center located at 4501 Indian School Road, NE.
Enrollment opens 5 pm, July 17th and remain open until filled or August 21st, whichever comes first. Enroll in classes through our Student Records and Enrollment Site.
Click below for the schedule for September's Honing Your NM EDGE week. [September 2015 Road Map to Certification]
Questions? Please call us at (575) 646-0335 or email us at NMEDGE@nmsu.edu to ensure that there is space in the class you wish to take.
NM Public Purchasing Classes
Public Sector Chief Procurement Officers (CPOs) have a July 1, 2015, deadline to become CPO certified through the State Purchasing Department (SPD).
SPD has recognized successful completion of either NM EDGE public purchasing programs as reciprocal to earn their CPO designation.
NM EDGE classes are 3 hours, delivered face-to-face, and require a passing grade of 6 or better out of 10 on the post test for each class.
Our public purchasing programs are:
NM EDGE full certification as a NM Public Purchasing Professional, which requires completion of 25 classes, plus mini portfolio.
- This full curriculum provides extensive information about NM Procurement and interaction with seasoned professionals
- Your Certification Certificate = Chief Procurement Officer
NM EDGE Public Purchasing Foundation Classes & Culminating Test, which requires six classes & test.
- This mini-curriculum provides the basics of New Mexico procurement and interaction with seasoned professionals
- Successful completion of the 6 foundation classes is required to take the culminating test
- Your test score (minimum 70% correct) determines if you receive a certificate of test completion. Certificate of test completion = Chief Procurement Officer
- Successful completion of these 6 classes apply towards the full certification should you decide to continue
Foundation Classes + Test Schedule
September 15-18, 2015 NMSU Albuquerque Center
September Purchasing Classes are full. The next session will be offered December 8-11, 2015 in ABQ.
Enrollment is now open!
Additional Purchasing Classes for Full Certification will be offered in early Spring 2016. Stay tuned! **
Want More Classes?
If you are interested in having classes offered in your area, please contact the NM EDGE Program Director, Mary DeLorenzo, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (505) 660 7816