- E - Plants designated as low or moderate water use on the El Paso County Suggested Plant List are indicated as "E".
- L - Plants designated as low or moderate water use on the Las Cruces Plant List will be indicated as "L".
- H = High water use. Either large volumes or frequent application of water is needed throughout the life of the plant; weekly or more often during peak summer months.
- M = Moderate water use. Some supplemental water is needed throughout the life of the plant; at least twice monthly during peak summer months once established.
- L = Low water use. Able to survive once established without supplemental water; water needed at least once a month for plants to look their best.
- Suitable for any soil unless specific one listed.
- Plants with high pollen production are indicated as "P"
|Scientific name||Common name||Water||Height||Sunlight||Soil|
|Allium Caeruleum, Cernuum, Christophii, Karataviense, Schoenoprasum, Sphaerocephalum, Tuberosum - L||Flowering Onions||M / H||12-24"||Full||Crocus spp. - L||Crocus||L / M||to 4"'||Full|
|Fritillaria Imperialis||Crown Imperial||M / H||to 4"||Part / Full||Ipheion Uniflorum||Starflower||M||6 to 8"|
|Galanthus||Snowdrop||M||4 to 9"||Iris spp.||Iris|
|Muscari Armeniacum||Grape Hyacinth||M||4 to 8"||Partial||Narcissus - L||Daffodil||M||to 18"||Part / Full|
|Scilla Siberica||Siberian Squill||M||to 6"||Shade / Part|
|Tulipa spp. - L||Tulips||M||6 to 35"||Partial|