- E - Plants designated as low or moderate water use on the El Paso County Suggested Plant List are indicated as "E".
- L - Plants designated as low or moderate water use on the Las Cruces Plant List will be indicated as "L".
- H = High water use. Either large volumes or frequent application of water is needed throughout the life of the plant; weekly or more often during peak summer months.
- M = Moderate water use. Some supplemental water is needed throughout the life of the plant; at least twice monthly during peak summer months once established.
- L = Low water use. Able to survive once established without supplemental water; water needed at least once a month for plants to look their best.
- Suitable for any soil unless specific one listed.
- Plants with high pollen production are indicated as "P"
|Scientific name||Common name||Water||Height||Sunlight||Soil|
|Cercocarpus ledifolius||Curlleaf Mountain Mahogany||L/M||8.25'||Full|
|Cupressus arizonica - LP||Arizona Cypress||M||to 70'||Full|
|Cupressocyparis leylandii - ELP||Leyland Cypress||M||to 60'||Full|
|Juniperus deppeana - EP||Alligator Juniper||M||to 60'||Full|
|Juniperus monosperma - ELP||One seed Juniper||M||to 20'||Full|
|Juniperus scopulorum - LP||"Cologreen," "Blue Heaven","Table Top,""Welchii,"RockyMountain Juniper||M||to 50'||Full|
|Juniperus virginiana - P||"Hillspire, " "Caenaerti","Emerald Sentinel,"EasternRedCedar||M||40-60'||Full|
|Pinus aristata||Bristlecone Pine||M||20-45'||Full|
|Pinus edulis - EL||Pinon||M||to 35'||Full|
|Pinus eldarica - L||Afghan Pine||M||40'||Full|
|Pinus flexilis||Limber Pine||M/H||to 30'||Full|
|Pinus sylvestris||Scotch Pine||M/H||45'||Full|
|Quercus turbinella||Shrub Live Oak||M||5-15'||Full|
|Thuja spp. - L||Arbor vitae||M||Vaiable||Full|
|Yucca elata - EL||Soaptree Yucca||L||10-17'||Full||Sandy|
|Yucca faxoniana - L||Palm Yucca||L||to 13'||Full||Sandy|