Large Deciduous Trees
- E - Plants designated as low or moderate water use on the El Paso County Suggested Plant List are indicated as "E".
- L - Plants designated as low or moderate water use on the Las Cruces Plant List will be indicated as "L".
- H = High water use. Either large volumes or frequent application of water is needed throughout the life of the plant; weekly or more often during peak summer months.
- M = Moderate water use. Some supplemental water is needed throughout the life of the plant; at least twice monthly during peak summer months once established.
- L = Low water use. Able to survive once established without supplemental water; water needed at least once a month for plants to look their best.
- Suitable for any soil unless specific one listed.
- Plants with high pollen production are indicated as "P"
|Scientific name||Common name||Water||Height||Sunlight||Soil|
|Catalpa speciosa - EL||Western Catalpa||M||to 40'||Full||Celtis occidentalis||Common Hackberry||M||to 40'||Full|
|Fraxinus texana||Texas Ash||M||to 40'||Full||Gymnocladus dioica||Kentucky Coffee||M||to 50'||Full|
|Maclura pomifera - EL||Osage Orange||M||to 50'||Full||Pistachia chinensis - EL||Chinese Pistache||M||to 60"||Full||Robinia idahoensis - EL||Idaho or Purple Robe Locust||M||50'||Full||Robinia pseudoacacia - EL||Black Locust||M||60'||Full||Ulmus parvifolia - LP||Chinese or Lacebark Elm||M||to 50'||Full|