2011 Service Learning for Women program
Anabela Manhica and mentor Dr. Tom Dormody (2011)
- Develop skills in Adaptive Extension methodology.
- Gain confidence in public speaking and teaching.
- Develop a collaborative relationship with their NMSU mentor.
- Network with women in leadership positions at NMSU and in New Mexico agriculture.
- Visit and observe model activities at NMSU's Cooperative Extension Service and NMSU Agricultural Experiment Station.
- Strengthen leadership skills.
- Develop an understanding of basic policy making.
- Develop familiarity with technology.
- Develop an innovative project to be completed at home in Africa.
- Gain knowledge and perspective about the cultural milieu of the United States.