2019 NMSU Hemp Workshop
May 23 - 24, 2019
New Mexico Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum
The First Hemp Workshop offered in NM to discuss the cultivation of hemp for CBD oil, fiber and food products. Including current NMDA/USDA legal aspects pertaining to NM business start up costs.
Topics to be discussed:
- Introduction to Hemp
- What are the differences between CBD and THC
- What is the History of Hemp
- What are the uses of Hemp
- What are the costs to start a business
- What are the soil requirements
- Organic vs. Inorganic production
- Water requirements
- Equipment Needed
- NMDA Regulations/licensing
- Other basic beginning topics
Time: May 23: 8 AM - 5 PM
May 24: 8 AM - 3 PM
Location: New Mexico Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum
4100 Dripping Springs Road
Las Cruces, NM 88011
Deadline to Register: May 19 at 5 pm
NOTE: Workshop is limited to the first 200 people.
MAIL your check payment to address below. Make checks payable to NMSU. Checks must be received by Apr. 30 at 5 PM.
Refunds: Requests must be received in writing to Jeff Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 17 at 5 pm.
NMSU-Doña Ana County Extension Service
1170 N Solano, Suite M
Las Cruces, NM 88001