- Ph.D.: Soil Physics, University of Agricultural Sciences Vienna, Austria (1998)
- M-Tech: Soil and Water Engineering, J N. Agricultural University, India (1986)
- B.-Tech: Agriculture Engineering, J N. Agricultural University, India (1981)
My major research focus is on the assessment of physical, chemical and thermal properties of soil, and chemical fate and transport in the soil. Special areas of research interest are the role of spatial and temporal heterogeneity of soil properties on plot and field-scale under different ecosystems, land use and management systems over a broad range of scales (i.e., aggregate to watershed), migration of solutes through soil profile, soil quality indicators, model calibration, and carbon sequestration in soils.
I am responsible for teaching Environmental Soil Physics (SOILS 477), Advanced Soil Physics (SOILS 652), Contaminant Transport Modeling (SOIL 655, and on occasion Introductory Soils.
Research Funding (Total>3 Million):
Membership of Societies:
- Soil Science Society of America
- American geophysical Union
- American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineering
- American Association for Advancement of Science
- Indian Association of Hydrologists
English: Read, write and speak excellent
German: Read excellent, write and speak good