- 2018.12 University of South Florida, Doctor of Philosophy, Geography & Environmental Science and Policies. Dissertation: Assessing the cooling effects of urban vegetation on urban heat mitigation in selected U.S. cities.
- 2013.06 Beijing Normal University, Master of Science, Cartography and Geographic Information System. Thesis: Mapping trees and crops using a multi-criteria spectral mixture analysis considering endmember variability.
- 2010.06 Lanzhou University, 1stclass honor, Bachelor of Science, Geographic Information System. Thesis: Land use and land cover change in Yuzhong Basin, Lanzhou, China.
- 2018.11–Present Postdoc research associate at New Mexico State University
- 2016-2018 Research assistant at University of South Florida
- 2018 Instructor at University of South Florida
- 2014-2017 Teaching assistant at University of South Florida
- 2010-2013 Research assistant at Beijing Normal University
- 2009 Research assistant at Lanzhou University
My scientific interest centers on monitoring ecosystems and investigate how ecosystem structure and functions interacts with anthropogenic and natural disturbances. I have a background in geospatial sciences, extensive experience in LiDAR and optical remote sensing of tree canopies in urban/natural landscapes, and application of machine learning and high performance computing in earth system science.