School of Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management Industry Leadership Award Recipients
Barbara "Mother" Hubbard is the School of HRTM's 2020 Industry Leader Award Recipient. Barbara has been the Executive Director of the American Collegiate Showcase (ACTS) since its inception in 1978. She was also the director of special events from 1977 to 1996. In her time in both positions Barbara was instrumental in bringing large productions to the Pan American Center. Her ACTS program has raised scholarship money for students and has helped students with their careers within the entertainment industry.
Recently, Barbara has been the driving force behind developing a course in Event Business and Venue Management. Her program has helped to bring in industry leaders in the event business and venue management industry to speak to students. The program has also taken students to the Aerosmith residency in Las Vegas and given them the opportunity to see what it takes to put on a large scale event and see what goes on behind the scenes.
The School of HRTM is grateful for everything that Barbara has done for our program and for our students, and for the work she has done for New Mexico State University.
- 2019 Russell Hernandez & Christopher Schaljo, Salud! de Mesilla
- 2018 Tom Hutchinson, La Posta
- 2017 Vanessa Cabrera, Marriott International
- 2016 Gene Roche, Hyatt Tamaya
- 2015 Rebecca Bolton, Las Cruces Convention Center
- 2014 Connie Hines, Interior Designer
- 2013 David Hicks, Las Cruces Convention Center
- 2013 Max & Linda Myers, Advisory Board Members
- 2012 Bob Daws, National Distributing
- 2011 Kelley Coffeen, HRTM Advisory Board Member
- 2010 Jerry Paulison, Sodexo
- 2010 Randy Randall, HRTM Advisory Board Member
- 2009 Jim Bradbury, HRTM Advisory Board Member
- 2009 Al Lucero, HRTM Advisory Board Member
- 2008 Joe Loyd, Jason's Deli
- 2007 Mike Cerletti, New Mexico Secretary of Tourism
- 2006 Valerie Juarez, National Distributing