Advisory Team For The Future of Agricultural Research
The Advisory Team for the Future of Agricultural Research, consisting of NMSU personnel and external industry representatives, was formed by Dean Rolando A. Flores to conduct an objective and comprehensive review of the Agricultural Experiment Station (AES) system and its twelve off-campus Agricultural Science Centers (ASCs).
July 26, 2018
Review of the Committee Assignments, review of the ASC Questionnaires (group discussion), what should be included in the report?
April 2, 2018
The AES Advisory Team met at the Agricultural Science Center at Los Lunas on April 2, 2018. Each of the ASC Subcommittee's presented a report on their approach to assessing their subgroup of ASCs.
October 12, 2017
The AES Advisory Team met at the Corona Range and Livestock Research Center on October 26, 2017. During this meeting, the team discussed how to move forward in assessing the ASCs.
July 19, 2017
The first meeting of the Advisory Committee to assess the future of Agricultural Research met on Wednesday, July 19 at the Bernalillo County Extension Office.
- Natalie Goldberg, Interim Associate Dean and AES Director | Co-Chair
- Steve Loring, AES Associate Director | Co-Chair/Facilitator
- Bruce Davis, Rancher, member of the Advisory Board at Clayton
- Roland Sanchez, MD from Belen
- Dino Cervantes, Chile Processor, Las Cruces
- Blake Curtis, Seed Producer, Clovis
- Dina Chacón-Reitzel, NM Beef Council
- Craig Ogden, NM Farm & Livestock Bureau
- Shad Cox, Superintendent Corona
- Steve Guldan, Superintendent Alcalde
- Jane Pierce, Assoc. Professor Artesia ASC
- Shengrui Yao, Assoc. Professor Alcalde ASC
- Dave Lowry, Farm Manager Leyendecker
- Aaron Scott, Farm Manager Clovis
- Stephanie Walker, Assoc. Professor EPS
- Clint Loest, Professor ANRS
- Jerry Sims, Department Head EPPWS