Beef Jerky Processing
The information presented here is a result of a collaborative effort by USDA FSIS, Utah State University and New Mexico State University. A three-day hands-on workshop was presented in Spanish with materials developed by Brian Nummer at Utah State University. These materials were used to develop the educational game. We also used other materials developed by University of Wisconsin.
NEW: Proper Beef Jerky Processing
Tell Us what you learned from the Beef Jerky Processing video.
FSIS Compliance Guideline for Meat and Poultry Jerky Produced by Small and Very Small Establishments2014 Compliance Guidelines - This guidance document is designed to help very small meat and poultry establishments that manufacture jerky identify:
* The key steps in the jerky process needed to ensure safety; and
* The scientific support available to help develop a safe process and product.
If you need a copy of the older documents listed below, email Nancy Flores firstname.lastname@example.org
Utah State University Jerky Workshop Manual (English)
- Safe Manufacture of Jerky Workshop and Roundtable
New Mexico State University Beef Jerky Workshop Manual (Spanish)
- Taller De Elaboracion De Carne Seca
New Mexico State University Spanish Manual
University of Wisconsin Jerky HACCP (English)
Universidad de Wisconsin HACCP (Spanish)
- Tratamiento termico, vida de anaquel estable - Diagrama de Flujo del Proceso
- Tratamiento termico, vida del anaquel estable - Planes HACCP
University of Wisconsin Jerky Cooking and Drying
- Jerky Results A through K (English)
- Resultados de Las Pruebas En Carne Seca