Upcoming Calendar of Events
2019 Los Ranchos Farm and Garden Class Series
2019 Los Ranchos Farm and Garden Series. Demonstrations, Workshops, & Lectures. RESERVATIONS: Some classes may have a space limitation, so please RSVP early to reserve yours. FEE: $5 per class (cash or check at the door). LOCATION: (Click for map): Larry P. Abraham Agri-Nature Center, 4920 Rio Grande Blvd NW
- Upcoming Classes - (Check back for Registration Links, available ~2 weeks in advance).
- September 18 - Grapes: When to Harvest. Judging your Grapes' Maturity - Wednesday, 09/18/19, 6 PM - 8 PM, by Dr. Gill Giese. Workshop, learn how to assess the ripeness and sugar content of your fruit. (Click to register).
- October 19 - Cover Crop/Soil - Saturday, 10/19/19, 9 AM - 12 PM, by Rudy Garcia NRCS.
- November 9 - Hoops/Mulch/Cold Frames - Saturday, 11/09/19, 9 AM - 12 PM, by John Garlisch.
- December 11 - Wine Tasting for the Holidays - Wednesday, 12/11/19, 6 PM - 8 PM, by Dr. Gill Giese.
September 21 - Forage Field Day.
Saturday, 09/21/19, 9 AM-11:30 AM. Come learn more about Alfalfa, Tall Fescue, Orchardgrass, Teff, Sorghum, Fencing, Pasture Rotation, and Weed Management. LOCATION: Los Lunas Agricultural Science Center, 1036 Miller Road (Click for map). CONTACT: Candace Salazar, 505-865-7340.
September 21 - Rio Grande Heritage Festival (Click for Flyer)
*NEW* - Article: "NMSU to host Rio Grande Heritage Festival at Los Lunas science center" (Click to read)
Saturday, 09/21/19, 9 AM-1 PM. Celebrate the Heritage of Farming. Enjoy demonstrations, live music, a forage field tour from plus much, much more! LOCATION: Los Lunas Agricultural Science Center, 1036 Miller Road (Click for map). COST: Entry: Free. Food: $5 lunch-Green Chile Hamburger, Corn on the Cob, Beans, & a Beverage. CONTACT: Candace Salazar, 505-865-7340.
September 26 - How to Support Pollinators & Beneficial Insects in Central NM
Thursday, 09/26/19, 5:30 PM-8 PM. Xerces Society's evening workshop and field walk will cover observation, identification, and ecology of pollinators and beneficial insects. REGISTRATION: Click here for more information and link to register. LOCATION: NMSU Agricultural Science Center at Los Lunas (Click for map).
For information of programs around the state of New Mexico
February 21 & 22 - 2020 New Mexico Organic Farming Conference
Friday & Saturday, 02/21-02/22 2020, Times & Agendas TBD. LOCATION: Hotel Albuquerque. Check back later for more information.