Eastern NM Annie's Project
Saturdays, Jan. 15 - Feb. 19, 2022
Time: 9 AM to 1 PM
Location: Tucumcari Convention Center
1500 W. Route 66 Blvd
Tucumcari, NM 88401
Annie's Project is a national risk management program designed to empower women in agriculture to be successful through education, networks, and resources. This six-week interactive course is a set of interactive classes bringing women together to learn from experts in production, financial management, human resources, marketing and the legal field. This course will provide a life-long support network for women in agriculture.
Program culminates with a certificate and a graduation ceremony.
Registration & Fees: Online registration available! Pay with credit card or mail your check. The cost of a networking lunch each week is included in the registration fee.
- Early: $100 | Now - Dec. 1
- Late: $125 | Dec. 2 - Jan. 5
Deadline: Jan. 5
Refunds: Requests must be received in writing to Susann Mikkelson at firstname.lastname@example.org by Dec. 31. Special circumstances will be considered by the Eastern NM Annie's Project Steering Committee thereafter.
Checks: Make checks payable to NMSU with Annie's Project in the For line. Please mail to the address below. Checks must be received by Jan. 10.
- Human capital – Real Colors
- Understanding risk assessment
- Management and decision-making
- Systems of communication
- Basic agricultural accounting
- Business plans and budgets
- Taxes associated with the farm/ranch
- Legal structures
- Financing and investing
- Insurance needs on the farm/ranch
- Farm and ranch labor – requirements, costs and opportunities
- All about real estate
- Contracts and agreements
- Farm programs
- Production planning and mapping
- Farm and equipment management
- Understanding your market(s)
- Succession planning and retirement
- Estate planning
- Other topics of interest
- What have we learned
New Mexico State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and educator. NMSU and the U.S. Department of Agriculture Cooperating.
City of Tucumcari
New Mexico Bank and Trust
American Heritage Bank
Box Family Farms
ATTN: Annie's Project
NMSU | Quay County Extension Service
P.O. Drawer B
Tucumcari, NM 88401