Kitchen Creations is a cooking school for people with diabetes and their families. It is jointly supported by the Diabetes Prevention and Control Program and the New Mexico State University (NMSU) Cooperative Extension Service.
A healthy diet and appropriate food choices are considered one of the cornerstones of diabetes management.
Free Diabetes Classes - 4 Part Series
- September 23, 2021 - 12: 00 PM to 2:00 PM
- September 30, 2021 - 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM
- October 7, 2021 - 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM
- October 14, 2021 - 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM
- Learn how to plan meals that help manage diabetes, carbs and promote heart health.
- Discuss healthier ways to cook foods.
- Get a free manual and cookbooks. We provide a workbook, diabetes cookbooks, and other resources to help you succeed in the classes and at home. If you are participating from a computer, other electronic device, or phone, we will mail your books to you.
- This event is free to participants through funding from the New Mexico Department of Health, Public Health Division, Diabetes Prevention and Control Program and the New Mexico State University Cooperative Extension Service. Many organizations throughout New Mexico also sponsor Kitchen Creations cooking schools in their communities.
- Enjoy the support of other who are living with diabetes.
Classes will be taught by:
- Laura McCann, MS, RDN, LD
- Desaree Jimenez, Los Alamos County FCS Agent
- Joy Russell, Rio Arriba County FCS Agent
Click Here to Sign Up for the Rio Arriba Kitchen Creations Seriesor contact Joy at 505-685-4523. Thank you.
For More Information Please Contact Joy Czmyrid
Rio Arriba County Extension Office