Awards and Nomination Information
The College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES) wants to expedite nominations from its faculty and staff for college, university, and extramural awards for its own faculty, staff, students, alumni, emeritus faculty, and friends. Awards below are organized by award categories and deadline dates.
Development of the awards pages will be ongoing.
Faculty and staff are encouraged to help us make the listing as comprehensive as possible.
College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences Awards
ACES Open Awards
April 1 Deadline
Nominations can be submitted by ACES faculty and staff. Letters supporting the nomination can be written by community or industry members.
Distinguished County Agent AwardAgricultural and Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) agents
Distinguished Service and Research Awards
Distinguished Extension AwardAwardee will also be recognized at NMSU's Fall convocation
ACES College Top Awards
For Outstanding Community Leaders
ACES Department Awards
March 1 Deadline
Awardees are selected by the awarding ACES departments.
Outstanding 4-H Agent AwardNew Mexico 4-H Youth Development Program
- Outstanding High School Agriculture Teacher Award
ACES Student Awards
Dean's Award of Excellence - Undergraduate StudentsOne award per department
Outstanding Student AwardAt least one (1) Undergraduate student from each department will be selected
NMSU Alumni Outstanding GraduateMarch 30 Deadline - Spring honorees & October 30 Deadline - Fall honorees
New Mexico State University Awards
NMSU Staff Awards include:
- Ralph B. Crouch Memorial Award
- Service Awards
- Stephen W. and Robert E. Roberts Memorial Staff Award
- We C.A.R.E. Award
Outside Entity Awards
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) Mentor Awards
- National Award Program for Excellence in College and University Teaching in the Food and Agricultural Sciences
- The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching's - U.S. Professors of the Year Program
- CASE (Council for Advancement and Support of Education) Awards:
- NACTA John Deere Award
For additional information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317-846-8812
- The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation Award
- Charles A. Black Award
- National Medal of Science Award
- National Science Foundation Honorary Awards
Faculty & Staff Awards - Claudia Trueblood
Student Awards - Janie Wagoner