NM EDGE Calendar of Events - 2022
NM Chief Procurement Officer (CPO) Frequently Asked Questions
Below you will find answers to a number of common questions about the NM Mexico Chief Procurement Officer (CPO). If you have any other questions or concerns, please take a few moments to explore our NM EDGE website or contact us for more information.
Important Message from State Purchasing!
Statement from State Purchasing - March 19, 2020: "Due to COVID-19 rescheduling of NM EDGE CPO classes, re-certifying CPO students will be given a 90-day waiver from the State Purchasing Agent upon request if their certification expires before completion of the next available class."
Mark R. Hayden Director, CPO and State Purchasing Agent
PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY RESPONSE
Please note that the NM EDGE will conduct all meetings and classes (when possible) using the Zoom videoconferencing platform until the health emergency is lifted.
- 1. Access to the internet using a device/computer with a camera and microphone (most laptops, iPads or similar device have these).
- 2. You will need to have a quiet spot from which to participate (no distractions in the background, please).
- 3. You will take the pre and post-tests online, too, so be mindful of the screen size.
- 4. You will be emailed information about Zoom “practice sessions” and we recommend that you attend one practice to learn how we plan to use zoom for these classes.
- 5. The day before the classes you will be emailed a zoom link to access the class.
- 6. Access to the pretest is open 15 minutes prior to the start of class. Pre-test and posttest links are provided in class. Materials are emailed after everyone has completed the pretest.
- 7. If you are taking Public Purchasing Foundation Classes to earn your Chief Procurement Officer designation you will need to provide a photo ID for the final test on Friday. More info will be given during class.
- 8. If you are taking recertification classes for Chief Procurement Officer (CPO), please login to your NM EDGE Student Record and double check your contact information including your mailing address, CPO number, and phone number (all are required in the report we provide to State Purchasing).
- 9. If you do not feel you are able to participate in these classes with the requirements as specified, you may remove yourself from the classes by logging in to your student account and clicking remove.
Please contact us with questions or concerns by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We are teleworking so calling our office will delay our response to you.
Thank you for your patience and understanding and for your ongoing commitment to Better Government through Education.
Your NM EDGE Team
New Mexico Chief Procurement Officer (CPO) Certification and Recertification Process
To earn your CPO:
NM EDGE offers NM Public Purchasing Foundation Classes and Culminating Test (6 classes + test) on a quarterly basis (February, April, July and October) via Zoom-Live Online. Additional offerings may be added as demand warrants.
Upon successful completion of classes and a passing score of 60% on the culminating test, your name will be sent to State Purchasing from which your certification will be issued.
Recertification is required (per statute 13/1-95.2D) every 2 years (based on the month of initial certification).
Two Options for completing initial recertification classes:
Continuing Recertification Classes:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What will I need to bring to the CPO Foundation Culminating Test?
If I am recertifying, will I need to take a separate test?
If I am recertifying what do I need to do in advance of the classes?
Contact State Purchasing for questions regarding the recertification guidelines Francine Wagner (505) 827-0468. Contact NM EDGE regarding NM EDGE classes. (email@example.com).
Advanced Purchasing Classes
Advanced Purchasing Classes are being offered November 15 - 19, 2021, in via Zoom - Live Online.