NM EDGE County College
NM EDGE County College's aim is to foster better government through education. We have drawn on the guidelines of the National Certified Public ManagerĀ® Consortium (CPM) to offer the following certification programs through the NM EDGE:
- NM Certified Public Official program requires 18 classes chosen from a selected list of CPM-approved courses, and a mini-essay which demonstrates the application of the competencies learned from participating in these classes.
- NM Certified Public Supervisor program requires completion of 30 NM CPM-approved classes and successful completion of a six-hour assessment where the student demonstrates the application of the competencies learned from participating in these classes.
- NM Certified Public Manager® program requires 60 NM CPM-approved classes, six three-hour assessments, plus a supervised captstone project.
NM EDGE County College also works with affiliates of the New Mexico Association of Counties to develop customized certification programs to meet affiliate-specific needs.
County College News
NM EDGE Spring Classes
As part of our effort to provide continuous learning opportunities, the NM EDGE is happy to announce that, in addition to our regular class deliveries, we will also begin offering select classes during months we have not traditionally done so.
That is why we will be offering classes in both Las Cruces and Santa Fe this May!
Attention NM County Commissioners!
Are you working towards your certification? The NM EDGE is offering a public meetings class which is a requirement in the NM Certified County Commissioner curriculum and has not been offered this year. Many of you may need this class to complete your certification towards graduation in June. Please check your transcript and enroll today!
- CPM 153: Public Meetings will be offered in May in both Las Cruces on Wednesday, May 8, 8:30 - 11:30 am AND Santa Fe on Tuesday, May 14, 8:30 - 11:30 am.
- You may enroll through the Student Record and Class Enrollment Site
- If we can assist please call NM EDGE at (505) 424-0744 or (575) 646-5254
Enrollment for June 2013 Classes Open
June 17-19, 2013
Curry County - Clovis, NM
The NM EDGE is offering classes June 17-19 in Clovis and Enrollment is now open! To learn more about the classes that we are offering and important deadlines, please visit the Upcoming Classes Section of our website.
For those attending NMAC's Legislative Conference, please also remember that separate sign-up and sign-in are required for NM EDGE classes and the conference. To attend both events, you must enroll in classes and register for the conference separately.
New Mexico Certified IT Professional Curriculum Announced
The NM EDGE and the NM IT Curriculum Committee, in collaboration with our Strategic Partners, are pleased to announce the completion of the New Mexico Certified IT Professional curriculum! This newly developed certification will be added to our New Mexico Public Sector Specializations program, which is open to all public servants in State, Municipal, County, and General Public Service Sectors.
Please join us in offering a special thanks to each of the IT Curriculum Committee Members who gave freely of their time and expertise to craft this certification. Without their diligence this project would never have reached completion! Thanks, too, to University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill for offering the use of their IT Curriculum Model for our tweaking, to Laura Gonzales for securing UNC's permission, and to the New Mexico Association of Counties for sponsoring lunch at one of our curriculum development meetings. This was truly a group effort with many contributing to the successful completion of this challenging and important project.
Please the following link to view the new certification class requirement checklist AND the following to view a copy of our class catalogs showing class descriptions for these classes.
We anticipate launching classes later this year and will keep you posted when we do!