State and National Scholarships
NMSU 4-H Scholarships
Eligibility: Entering Freshman or continuing Student at NMSU; Must have participated in 4-H.
Deadline: March 1st Receive
The following scholarships are awarded through NMSU and are available to new and current NMSU students.
Tiny Faye Jones Memorial Scholarship
Vernon Hall Memorial Scholarship
Pioneer Hi-Bred Scholarship
College of Education Scholarhsip
Application must be made through the NMSU Scholar Dollar System at http://scholarships.nmsu.edu
(you must be accepted to NMSU in order to apply).
Submitted to and Awarded by Non-4-H Groups
NM Junior Livestock Foundation, Inc.
Eligibility: 4-H or FFA Member; Graduating Senior; Must attend a NM Institution of higher education.
Amount: Varies by year
Deadline: April 10, 2015
NM Wool Growers, Inc.
Eligibility: Incoming College Freshman; Majoring in Ag at NMSU.
Deadline: May 15th Postmark
NM Horse Council Foundation
Eligibility: Incoming College Freshman; Active in the Horse Community.
Deadline: June 15th Receive
NM Horse Council Foundation ScholarshipScholarship Link
EANM 4-H Scholarship
Eligibility: Freshman, Sophomore, Junior or Senior at any New Mexico College majoring in Agriculture or Family and Consumer Sciences.
At least 5 years in 4-H.
Amount: $500 ($250 in fall and $250 in spring)
Deadline: July 1st Receive
EANM 4-H ScholarshipScholarship Link
EANM & NMSU ACES Mary Moore Memorial Scholarship
Eligibility: Incoming Freshman @ NMSU with a major in the College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences; At least 5 years in 4-H.
Amount: $1000 ($500 in fall and $500 in spring)
Deadline: June 1st Receive
Send Application To:
EANM State Scholarship Co-Chair
Alamogordo, NM 88310
EANM &NMSU ACES Mary Moore Memorial Scholarship Scholarship Link
Purina Mills Young Cattlemen's Leadership Scholarship
New Mexico 4-H Community Service Scholarship
Scholarship will cover the registration expenses for Senior Leadership Retreat, Youth-Get-Away, Livestock School, Horse School, State 4-H Conference, 4-H International Exchange, Home Ec School, 4-H Dog School or $250 of the team fees for serving as a State 4-H Officer, Ambassador, or Diplomat.
Scholarship will cover the registration expenses for Senior Leadership Retreat, Home Ec School, Youth Get-Away, Livestock School, Horse School, State 4-H Conference, 4-H International Exchange, 4-H Dog School or $250 of the team fees for serving as a State 4-H Officer, Ambassador, or Diplomat.
Available to any Novice, Junior or Senior 4-H Member, serving as a State 4-H Officer, Ambassador, Diplomat or participate in a 4-H activity.
Must submit a New Mexico 4-H Community Service Scholarship application Form
- IMPORTANT - There has been a revision made to the scholarship application and a reminder regarding projects submitted. Below is the following revision and reminder:
- Multiple youth, including siblings cannot do the same community service project. If applications are submitted by multiple youth with the same project proposal they will be denied. Siblings can do a community service project at the same location as long they are different projects.
- Applications that have community service activities through established organizations like cleaning up trash along the highway or just working as a volunteer for an established organization for example will not be accepted. If the applicant would like to work with the organization in creating a new program that is acceptable. The project must be an activity that the youth designs, organizes and implements that will have an impact on the community.
- Scholarship Applications for the events are due two months before the event registration deadline. Here are the scholarship application deadline dates for the following events: Ambassador and Diplomat positions September 15, Senior Leadership Retreat October 15, Home Ec School January 15, Youth Get-Away January 15, 4-H Dog School February 15, Horse School March 15, Livestock School April 1, Officer Positions and State 4-H Conference - April 15. Applications are not accepted after the deadline date.
After a youth applies for a community service scholarship, receives it, and either decides not to attend the event or cannot due to a conflict, they may:
1. Apply the scholarship to another 4-H event, 2. Use it the following year if they have submitted their complete community service report, or 3. Not do the community service project.
If they decide not to do the community service project it will not be held against them if they apply the next year. The only time they will not be allowed to apply again is if they receive the scholarship, attend the event they applied for, and do not complete the community service project and submit a report within the year following the time the application was approved.
AGENTS: Please make sure applicants fill out the current form online when submitting applications. If the application is submitted on the old form they will be denied. If the applicant submitted a scholarship application for an event in 2008 or 2009 and received the scholarship, they need to have their community service report complete and submitted to the State 4-H Office before they can apply for the community service scholarship for an event in 2010 or 2011.
- Available to any Novice, Junior or Senior 4-H Member, serving as a State 4-H Officer, Ambassador, Diplomat or participate in a 4-H activity
- Must submit a New Mexico 4-H Community Service Scholarship application Form